Microsoft update on Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business:
- Microsoft Teams will expand your collaboration by allowing “guests” to access a team in your account. Initially only Office 365 customers can be invited but that will open up later. For details, read this BLOG posting from Microsoft:
- They're evolving Microsoft Teams to become the core communications client in Office 365, replacing the current Skype for Business client in Office 365 over time.
- Microsoft is promising a new, modern Skype infrastructure delivering enterprise-grade voice, video and meetings experiences. It is already powering communication experiences in Microsoft Teams and is evolving rapidly.
- This new infrastructure will provide speed of innovation as well as higher quality communication experiences.
- They're also adding new calling features and meeting enhancements in Teams, including inbound and outbound calls to PSTN numbers, hold, call transfer and voicemail; audio conferencing preview, which enables participants to join a Teams meeting from any telephone; and interoperability between Teams and Skype for Business, including universal presence, and messaging and calling interoperability.
- Microsoft is focusing resources and a lot of effort on Teams so look for speedy implementation and many new innovations.
We’ll keep you posted on these developments.